Translate

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

C4K Summary for September

This I Believe by Tyler
In This I Believe, Tyler gives the reader a short history about the Automotive Industry. He talks about Nicholas Joseph Cugnot, the man that created the very first steam powered automobile. He also talks about Henry Ford, the man that built the first automobile a middle class man could buy, according to Tyler. He seemed very enthusiastic about what he was writing on. Tyler is a 10th grader who created this blog for his English class.
I posted this comment:
"Hello Tyler,
I’m Michelle, and I’m a student at the University of South Alabama. I enjoyed reading your blog about the automotive industry. I don’t think a lot of people really stop to think what if we didn’t have that industry. I hope you are enjoying writing a blog for your class! I also have to keep one for mine. You’re doing a great job so far."

Bejeweled! by Connor
In Bejeweled!, Connor talks about the game Bejeweled. He tells the reader what the game is and how to play it. This was a short post by the student.
I left this comment:
"Hi Connor!
I’m Michelle, and I’m a student at the University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL, USA. I’m an elementary major and hope to teach in a couple of years. I’m in a class called EDM310 and I got to read your blog! My mom was addicted to Bejeweled. Then she got hooked on Candy Crush. I actually haven’t played either. Keep blogging!"

Skypeing my penpow by Michael
For this C4K, I read Michael's blog. He is a year 5 student in Auckland, NZ. In Skypeing my penpow, Michael talks about his pen pal in Australia. He got to Skype with his buddy, Jack. They asked each other questions like what was their favorite cartoon and favorite food. The blog post had a great video of Michael video chatting with Jack. I recommend this video to everyone! It was great to see him actually interacting with Jack.
I left this comment:
"Hello Michael,
My name is Michelle! I'm a student at the University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL, USA. I think it's really cool that you have a buddy in Australia. I never got to do that kind of stuff when I was your age. You're doing a great job at keeping a blog by the way. I also have to keep a blog for my class. Here is the link if you'd like to read it: my blog. Keep up the good work!"

How Much Does the Sky Weigh? by Cody
This blog is for a sixth grade class in Robertsdale, AL. The class was writing about the weight of the sky for their blogs. I read Cody's blog. He actually taught me something that I did not know. He said that the sky was weightless but that the atmosphere weighed five billion pounds. His blog was short and to the point.
I left this comment:
"Hello Cody,
I'm Michelle Detar. I'm a student at the University of South Alabama. You have taught me something that I did not know! I had no clue that the atmosphere weighed anything at all. I don't remember learning that when I was in middle school.... I hope you are enjoying blogging! I have to keep a blog for my class as well. Here is a link for it, if you'd like to look at it! My Blog."

No comments:

Post a Comment