Translate

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

C4T #2 Summary Report

C4T #1
In Langwitches' post, Grow Your Network: Become a Detective, Silvia discusses what it means to be connected as a teacher. She uses Twitter as her personal learning network. She is following over 5,000 educators. That's 5,000 educators to get ideas and thoughts from. She also says to read blogs! Blogs are a great way to add to your PLN. You can find someone with your interests and follow them on Twitter. She gives thorough directions on how to utilize Twitter for your own PLN. I'm not a big Twitter fan yet, but after reading her post, I want to be.
I left Silvia this comment:
"Hello,
My name is Michelle. I am an elementary education major at the University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL. I really enjoyed reading this blog. I’m currently in EDM310, and it is a course on how to utilize technology in the classroom. We have started our own PLNs. We started with making a Twitter account actually. After reading this, I know how extremely useful that tool will be for me now and after I graduate. Thank you for this awesome post!"
Connected Educator Tools.
C4T #2
In Connected Educators, Leaders and Schools, Silvia once again discusses what it means to be a connected educator and how to be one. While reading this, I could see many similarities between her ideas and Dr. Strange's. They both say to spend fifteen minutes a day using your PLN. I liked this post, because she mentioned using other sites besides Twitter for your PLN. I personally like to use Pinterest as part of my PLN. (They have great education pins and boards.) Silvia is extremely connected to other educators. I would suggest these two posts for any of my classmates, if they are having trouble with their PLNs or just want a good read.
I left this comment:
"My name is Michelle Detar and I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, AL. I really enjoy reading your posts about staying connected! My professor is really big about keeping PLNs and blogs. I don’t use Twitter as much as I should for staying connected, but I use Pinterest a lot! It’s so helpful in finding new activities and lessons. Also, Symbaloo is a great way to stay connected. Thanks again for an awesome post!"

No comments:

Post a Comment